Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Granny Smith apples, Apple Pucker, cabbage, spices enhance savory flavor into this soup and can be served hot or chilled.
- 6 granny smith apples (Fine Diced)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons shallots (Minced)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 5 cups white cabbage (Sliced Thin)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (Grated)
- 1 teaspoon winter savory (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (Lemon-Thyme, Chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour apple liqueur (Apple Pucker)
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups chicken stock
- In a large soup pot melt butter, add shallots, garlic, cabbage, ginger, winter savory, lemon thyme and apples. Season with salt, white pepper and saute 4-5 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Add 1/4 cup Apple Pucker and reduce by half.
- Add vegetable stock,chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 20-minutes covered. Add Apple Pucker and simmer for 5- minutes.
- Remove from heat, discard bay leaves, reseason with salt and white pepper to taste. Serve soup in warm bowls.
- Garnish: Diced Granny Smith Apples.