Recipe by Marietta Mary Lou
Absolutely luscious, and so-o-o-o healthy. It has been languishing in my file. What a gem! I believe it came from the "Georgia EMC Magazine". Fall is a great time to use up all the basil before the frost.
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 2 large granny smith apples
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil (it REALLY adds) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core and chunk apples.
- Combine everything BUT the oils in the food processor and blend till nearly smooth.
- GRADUALLY add the oils, one after the other, with the food processor running to blend till smooth.
- Unless closely covered, the top will darken during storage but that's only a cosmetic problem.
- Enjoy as a dip, sandwich spread, or by the spoonful for a snack.