Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Jennifer Cornbleet’s book, Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People. Use Granny Smith apples for a tart, less sweet apple juice. “Greens powder” is nutritious whole-food supplements made from dehydrated wheat, kamut, and barley grasses, blue-green algae, and/or dehydrated green leafy vegetables; there are many good brands available including Perfect Food (Garden of Life), Green Kamut, Vitamineral Green and Pure Synergy. You’ll need a cutting board, an 8-inch chef’s knife, and a juicer. Juicing the ginger first allows the apples to push more of the ginger through the juicer. I include the stems and seeds in the juicing process.
- 1⁄4 inch fresh ginger, peeled
- 4 apples, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon blue green algae or 1 tablespoon greens powder
- Juice the ginger first, than the apples.
- Place juice in a mason jar. Add the blue-green algae or green powder, screw on the lid, and shake well.
- To your health!