1/1 Photo of Green Apple Cider Ice
3 hrs 45 mins
This is perfect with poultry or any pork dish. If you want a serving for adults, add a dash of Calvados or some other co-ordinating liquer for good measure.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/8 teaspoons anise seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tart apples, McIntosh apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon, zest of
- 1/2 cup apple jack or 1/2 cup calvados
- speck salt
- 3 drops green food coloring
- additional calvados or Applejack
- unpeeled red apple, slices for garnish
- 1In a medium pan, boil the cider, uncovered, over medium heat until reduced to 1 cup, about 20-25 minutes. add the water, sugar, anise seed, and cinnamon.
- 2Bring to a boil and boil over medium heat for 1 minute, or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, cover, and let cool.
- 3Strain through a double thickness of cheesecloth and set aside.
- 4Place the prepared apples in a food processor bowl, fitted with a steel blade. add the lemon juice and zest and puree till very smooth.
- 5Add the 1/2 cup of Calvados or apple jack, salt, food coloring and the reserved cider mixture and blend. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacture's instructions. Alternately pour into a 10x10 metal baking pan and place in the freezer.
- 6When ice crystals begin to form 2"all around the edges of the pan, remove and stir till smooth.
- 7Return the pan to freezer and repeat this process two more times, or until a smooth consistency can be reached.
- 8Pack into plastic containers and store in the freezer.
- 9Remove about 10 minutes before to soften the ice slightly.
- 10Scoop into wine glasses or parfaits. Top with 1 tbls Calvados, garnish with an apple slice.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Apple Cider Ice
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 77.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: