Blue Peacock's Note:
My cousin's wife from Muscat, Oman came to visit my family and I and made this for us. This is her creation. It is an unique combination for pachadi, but I like the tart/hot mixture. Whenever pomegranate is available, I like to make this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups diced granny smith apples (I leave the skin on)
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 -5 green chilies, split (depends on how hot you want it)
- 5 cups plain yogurt
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds (divided)
- salt, to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon oil, for sauteeing
- 1Saute red onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies in a saucepan with oil.
- 2Add salt for seasoning; then add 1 teaspoon mustard seed.
- 3Mix again.
- 4Place in another bowl and reserve.
- 5Take the yogurt, place into a large bowl and whip well.
- 6Grind remaining 1 teaspoon mustard seed with a mortar and pestle and add to yogurt.
- 7Add the sauteed onion mixture to the yogurt.
- 8Saute the apples in the same saucepan until softened (I generally do not add more oil.).
- 9Add the apples to the yogurt mixture along with the pomegranate seeds.
- 10Mix well and season with salt to taste; garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
- 11Mix well and refrigerate until chilled.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Apple and Pomegranate Pachadi
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.5
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 58.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: