Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious recipe, ready in 2 minutes (really)! A nice, colourful change from the traditional salad. In the fall, use fresh beets and apples from local produce. I like to use "fraicheur" Vinaigrette for the vinaigrette.
- 1 (398 ml) cansliced beets, drained
- 1 green apple (Granny Smith)
- 1 tablespoon vinaigrette, of your choice
- Wash, quarter and core the apple. Slice thinly.
- Mix beet and apple slices.
- Add vinaigrette; toss to coat.
did not like this very much- sounds better than it is
I roasted fresh beets and used them in this. I did use a Granny Smith apple this time but think I would like to try it with a different apple next time. (perhaps a Macintosh or a Gala) I used the dressing suggested and it is wonderful. (reminds me of cold Harvard Beets). Very nice recipe, Thanks for sharing it!