Using two colors of string beans; two types of vinaigrette recipes are provided as well for you to choose for this salad. From www.worldwidegourmet.com. Look for fresh green and yellow beans at farmers' markets!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces green beans
- 10 ounces yellow wax beans
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1/2 cup walla walla onion, cut into crescents (my addition) (optional)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- mache or boston lettuce
- Belgian endive
Vinaigrette Number 1
Vinaigrette Number 2
- 1In a non-reactive bowl, combine the vinaigrette ingredients of your choice and whisk well. Best prepared 1 hour in advance.
- 2In a clean, dry cast iron skillet, lightly toast the almond slices and allow to cool.
- 3Cut the tips off both ends of the string beans; cook beans uncovered in boiling lightly salted water until crisp-tender.
- 4Once the beans are cooked, drain and immerse immediately in cold water to halt the cooking process. Drain again. Set aside.
- 5Peel the apples; seed, core and cut into strips.
- 6Combine the vinaigrette, beans, apples, (onions if using) and almonds in a non-reactive salad bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
- 7If desired, the salad can be served on a bed of mache or Belgian endive.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green and Yellow String Beans With Almonds and Granny Smiths
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.3
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 342.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g