Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from the back of a bag of frozen green and yellow beans. This was the best way I have very had beans. O so yummy!
- 600 g frozen green beans or 600 g frozen yellow beans
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 125 ml chicken broth
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 60 ml olive oil
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 2 ml lemon peel, grated
- 10 ml dried oregano
- 10 ml minced garlic cloves
- 5 ml Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 125 ml crumbled goat cheese
- Heat vegetable oil in large non stick skillet or wok. Add frozen beans.
- Pour on chicken broth and mix. Cover and cook at medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until desired tenderness. Transfer beans to a large bowl and set aside.
- Stir fry onions and peppers for 5 minutes. Add to beans and toss.
- In a separate bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and peel,oregano, garlic and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over beans and toss to coat.
- Just before serving sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese.
Delicious! Brought all new life into some rather tough frozen beans.
Very good way to prepare fresh beans. I made these early in the day and served them at room temp. Very attractive as well as tasty.