Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These beans are dressed right in their serving bowl. How simple! How yummy. I found the recipe on Sunset Magazine's website.
- 3⁄4 lb green beans (should be small and slender)
- 3⁄4 lb yellow wax bean (should be small and slender)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh chives (chopped)
- chives (whole, fresh for garnish)
- In a covered 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to boiling.
- Remove ends and any strings from green and yellow beans. Rinse beans and add to boiling water. Cook, uncovered, until beans are tender-crisp when pierced, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain, then immerse in ice water until cool, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain again.
- In a wide salad bowl, stir together mustard, vinegar, olive oil, and chopped chives. Add beans and mix with dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with whole chives.
Sorry didn't care for the mustard flavor.
Great with fresh market beans. I found this recipe to be a bit too much dressing though - I would recommend using half, and saving the rest for another day