Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Bella Sun Luci/Mooney Farms' company. For best results, wait until the beans are at their peak of flavor to prepare this salad.
Top Review by Rita~
Crisp, sweet and refreshing! My sun dried tomatoes were in olive oil so I did cut back on the oil and skipped the sugar for the tomatoes added a lot of sweetness. Thanks for the healthy goodness.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh green beans, trimmed, break in half
- 3⁄4 lb fresh yellow wax bean, trimmed, break in half
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, drained, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into crescents
- 1⁄2 fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced (NOT dried)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- SALAD: Cook the green and yellow beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse under cool water and drain again.
- In a serving bowl combine the cooked beans with the sun dried tomatoes, red onion and fresh basil.
- VINAIGRETTE: In a small glass container whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar and black pepper.
- Add the vinaigrette to the beans and toss to coat. Chill 1-4 hours.