Recipe by Rachel<3
A stellar summer salad. This recipe came from "Cooking Light" magazine SEPT 2007 edition. Its wonderful, light and low in calories.
Top Review by DurangoJudy
Nice salad using all ingredients from my CSA farm. I used a pomegranate vinegar which added just a hint of sweetness, and, small dice red onion. Mixed up red & yellow heirlooms & cherry tomatoes giving it even more eye appeal.
- 4 cups water
- 3⁄4 lb wax bean, trimmed
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cook the beans in boiling water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine tomato and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a bowl. Divide beans evenly among 8 plates. Top each serving with 1/4 cup tomato mixture. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon slices basil and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- You may also just mix and toss everything together.