Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This great dish is so easy to make- just cook the pasta and dump everything together. It's versatile too- you can use any veggies you want.
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained very well
- 1 (1 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook ziti according to package directions and drain well.
- While it is cooking, saute onion until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (including the cooked pasta), but leave some cheese for the top.
- Pour into a baking dish and bake at 350 for about 40 muinutes until it is bubbly.
- Note: You can use any vegetables you want, fresh or frozen.
- Just make sure all frozen vegetables are drained well or the ziti becomes watery.