Recipe by Tierney's Mom
This recipe is from the Columbus Dispatch. I haven't tried it yet, but I wish I'd found it before I had guests who were on the South Beach diet. I hope this helps others looking for low carb recipes.
- 10 slices cooked bacon
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover bacon with paper towel and microwave 2-3 minutes to crisp; cool.
- Rinse broccoli and cauliflower; drain well.
- Break or chop florets into bite sized pieces.
- Place florets in bowl (4 qt or larger).
- Add celery and onion to the other vegetables.
- In bowl (3 cups or larger) mix sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and salt.
- Pour dressing over vegetables.
- Crumble bacon over the top.
- Toss to mix well.
- Serve at once, or refrigerate up to 24 hours before serving.