Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I couldn't resist this, since it combines some of my favorite foods (pasta, smoked salmon, and mushrooms).
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb porcini mushroom, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 lb smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 lb white fresh linguine
- 1⁄2 lb green fresh linguine, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Heat 3 T. butter in a small saute pan. Saute shallots until translucent. Add mushrooms. Turn heat to high, add salt and pepper, and cook until tender.
- Lower heat; add salmon and stir rapidly. Add half the cream and continue cooking until thickened and reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil, salt water, and add linguini. Cook until al dente, about 2-3 minutes; drain.
- Place a serving casserole over low heat. Melt remaining 3 T. butter, then add rest of cream. Combine. Add cooked linguini, and stir constantly while mixing in about half of the salmon and mushroom sauce. Add grated cheese and stir well.
- Remove from heat and pour remaining sauce over linguini. Serve immediately.
Lovely recipe. DH and I really enjoyed this. I halved the recipe for the 2 of us and still had leftovers. I used baby bellas and white linguine. Thanks for sharing!
This was great! Made almost exactly as written except for the green linguini, I only could get white and I couldn't find porcinis so used portabella and chantrelles instead. I wouldn't bother with the more expensive mushrooms, the flavor of the mushrooms was usurped by the great flavor of the smoked salmon. The mushrooms are needed, but I would probably just used crimini if I can't find the porcini. My husband thought it could have used a touch of garlic. I could see that, but only a clove or so. Thanks Jackie!
Delicious! We absolutely loved this dish. I made the sauce all in one pan and tossed everything with the pasta instead of doing the 1/2 and 1/2 thing and it worked perfectly. I also added some capers (everything is better with capers!) to my plate at the end and that was quite tasty as well. I will definitely be making again, thanks for posting this winner!