Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Blissful74
This was awesome! I used a white onion, garlic in the jar, jalapeno from a jar, and chicken bouillion/water. I did not use the parsley, however.. but, I did also add a can of black beans to the white. This was quick, easy and delicious. I will definately make this again, but I don't understand why the recipe says "serves 4". This is easily 6 very large servings. I served with mexican blend cheese, lite sour cream and more cilantro. So good!!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa (mild or hot)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lime, juice of
- shredded monterey jack cheese or shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a soup pot over med-high heat with the vegetable oil; add in the chicken to the hot oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often; add in onion, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, and coriander; cook 3-4 minutes, continuing to stir.
- Add in the tomatillo salsa and chicken broth; bring to a simmer.
- Add half of the beans; with a fork thoroughly mash the other half of the beans, then add to the chili.
- Simmer for 10 minutes; remove chili from heat and add in cilantro, parsley, and lime juice.
- Serve each bowl of chili with a little shredded cheese on top; crush up some chips and stir.