Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and easy appetizer or side dish using both spinach and regular noodles for a different flavor that goes great with eggplant parmesan, or a chicken dish.
- 12 ounces spinach fettuccine (green and white fettuccine)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 red bell peppers, roasted and cut into strips or 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into thin strips
- 3 cups arugula leaves, rinsed and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Saute shallots, red pepper flakes and garlic, about 2 minutes.
- Add roasted red peppers and simmer 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add arugula leaves, basil and chopped parsley.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.