Simple and elegant French-inspired salad recipe for spring entertaining. The cheese is optional. White asparagus can be difficult to locate, so go ahead and substitute an equal amount of standard green asparagus. *There's also a purple variety of asparagus which would work perfectly and look beautiful in this salad. From gourmettrading.net.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh crack black pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, shavings (optional)
- 1Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together and set aside.
- 2Three methods for preparing the asparagus-#1 (pan)grill.
- 3#2 Oven roast the asparagus for about 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees.
- 4Or, #3 in a pot of boiling salted water blanch the asparagus for 3-5 minutes until just tender. Immediately transfer to a cold water bath to stop the asparagus from cooking any further.
- 5Arrange the frisèe on a platter.
- 6Place the aspragus spears on top. Drizzle vinaigrette over the vegetables.
- 7If desired, garnish with Parmesan shavings.
- 8Servings are estimated.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green and White Asparagus Salad
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.2
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2827.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: