Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Simple and elegant French-inspired salad recipe for spring entertaining. The cheese is optional. White asparagus can be difficult to locate, so go ahead and substitute an equal amount of standard green asparagus. *There's also a purple variety of asparagus which would work perfectly and look beautiful in this salad. From gourmettrading.net.
- 1 bunch green asparagus, trimmed
- 1 bunch white asparagus, trimmed
- 2 small head frisee, cleaned
- 6 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh crack black pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, shavings (optional)
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together and set aside.
- Three methods for preparing the asparagus-#1 (pan)grill.
- #2 Oven roast the asparagus for about 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Or, #3 in a pot of boiling salted water blanch the asparagus for 3-5 minutes until just tender. Immediately transfer to a cold water bath to stop the asparagus from cooking any further.
- Arrange the frisèe on a platter.
- Place the aspragus spears on top. Drizzle vinaigrette over the vegetables.
- If desired, garnish with Parmesan shavings.
- Servings are estimated.