1/1 Photo of Green and Red Tomato Rice
Another recipe from my favorite Italian cookbook "The North End Italian Cookbook". I'm dying to try this recipe but my green tomatoes are still to young.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add oil to a medium size sauce pan.
- 2Add chopped vegetables and saute over medium heat until tender.
- 3Add 2 1/2 cups water, salt and pepper, cover and bring to a boil.
- 4Add rice, stir and cover.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Remove pan from heat and let sit until liquid is absorbed and rice is fluffy.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green and Red Tomato Rice
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.5
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g