Prep 15 mins
Cook 21 mins
A really tasty potato dish that I have been making for years. Can use homemade chicken stock in place of water and vegeta. A change from the usual potato with cream.
- 3 -4 large potatoes
- 2 large onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vegeta instant chicken stock powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- Peel potatoes and onions and slice in 1/4" slices.
- Layer in a 2-qt casserole dish.
- Dot butter over the top, then pour over the hot water mixed with vegeta.
- Cover and Microwave on High for 17 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover casserole and sprinkle with cheese and parsley and microwave at high for 1/2 to 1 minute uncovered.
My boys and I loved this recipe. It was so easy to make too. Perfect for a busy mom.
Excellent flavour! This was a great microwave dish and low fat compared to cream based dishes. I also added a little bacon and I didn't use the cheese or parsley on top as it was great on its own and I was trying to cut down the fat but I will try it with low fat cheese next time. A dish I will make regularly Thanks!
These potatoes were very good and so easy. I didn't bother with the cheese because I was serving it with chicken that had cheese on top. I am sure they will be even better with the cheese. I will add it next time. thanks