This is a quick and easy recipe that bodes just as well for an everyday family dinner as it would for a dinner party I like the varying colors and textures of the both beans as well as the unexpected flavor of mint in a savory dish such as this.
- Cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring often. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Transfer to large bowl.
- Brown bacon in deep large frying pan over medium - high heat until crispy. Transfer bacon to paper towel to drain.
- Add onion to bacon fat in pan sautee’ until just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add frozen peas stir two minutes then add the chick peas and continue to cook until both are just heated through and peas are bright green about 1 minute longer.
- Return bacon to pan and add mint (reserving some for garnish) and pasta and enough cooking liquid to moisten pasta.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese and place on serving platter or bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with reserved mint Serve, passing additional cheese alongside.