1/3 Photos of Green and Gold Peas With Pasta
This is a quick and easy recipe that bodes just as well for an everyday family dinner as it would for a dinner party I like the varying colors and textures of the both beans as well as the unexpected flavor of mint in a savory dish such as this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring often. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Transfer to large bowl.
- 2Brown bacon in deep large frying pan over medium - high heat until crispy. Transfer bacon to paper towel to drain.
- 3Add onion to bacon fat in pan sautee’ until just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add frozen peas stir two minutes then add the chick peas and continue to cook until both are just heated through and peas are bright green about 1 minute longer.
- 5Return bacon to pan and add mint (reserving some for garnish) and pasta and enough cooking liquid to moisten pasta.
- 6Stir in 1 cup cheese and place on serving platter or bowl.
- 7Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with reserved mint Serve, passing additional cheese alongside.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green and Gold Peas With Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.3
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 42.9 mg
- Sodium 894.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 31.2 g