Recipe by MNgirl
This recipe is from a pamphlet called Florida Recipes which was produced by the Florida Agriculture Department.
- 3 cups florida green beans, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 -10 1⁄2 ounce condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cut up cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chinese noodles
- 1⁄2 cup blanched slivered almond
- 20 frozen onion rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook Florida green beans in boiling,salted water until crisp tender, about 10 minutes.Drain.
- In large bowl, thoroughly mix mushroom soup, grated cheese and milk. Stir in drained beans. Add all remaining ingredients except onion rings; mix well.
- Place mixture in a greased 9x13 inch casserole. Bake for 45 minutes. Arrange frozen onion rings over the top of casserole and return to oven for 10 minutes.