Chef PotPie's Note:
This meatless side-dish casserole was affectionately dubbed "Trough Delight" by my husband. It's rich and tasty and is a huge hit at potlucks. You could even cut them up small and serve as appetizers. From my well-used recipe card I think this came from Better Homes and Gardens, 1987. It's SO good! I hope you try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 ounce) tubes refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (16 rolls)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/4 lbs zucchini, halved lenthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, halved lenthwise and sliced thin
- 1 -16 ounce sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1Lightly grease 9X13 baking dish.
- 2Unroll 1 package crescent rolls and press evenly in baking dish to cover bottom, sealing perforations.
- 3Sprinkle with 1/4 cup parmesan.
- 4Bake 350* for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- 5Meanwhile, place zucchini, onions and mushrooms in a large steamer basket. Cover and steam 8-10 minutes. (I saute them until they water out, it's better that way I think.).
- 6Remove and set aside.
- 7In large bowl, stir together sour cream, flour and salt and pepper, then add zucchini mixture and artichokes.
- 8Turn into pan, spread evenly over crust and top with the monterey jack cheese.
- 9Unroll remaining crescent rolls, separate into triangles, and arrange them on top of cheese.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and bake at 350* for 30-40 minutes until top is golden and filling is heated through.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green and Gold Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.3
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 559.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 13.9 g