Recipe by Strawberry Shortcake's
Umami -- this dessert has it all! And not only is it a craving buster, it also makes for a great St.Patty's Day or Easter dessert. I've been eating this since I was knee high to a grasshopper and it still remains my favorite dessert. From my family to yours -- enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pecans, put half aside
- 250 g cream cheese
- 16 ounces Cool Whip, divided in half
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 (99 g) packages pistachio pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup of butter and half of the crushed pecans. Press into bottom of 9x13 glass dish.
- Increase butter to 3/4 cup if you're finding it too dry.
- Bake until edges begin to brown. (Maybe 10 min -- ovens will vary).
- Set aside and let cool.
- CREAMCHEESE LAYER.
- Blend creamcheese, half a tub of Cool Whip and icing sugar.
- delicatelydisburse over COOLED crust evenly.
- PUDDING LAYER.
- Mix packages of pistachio pudding with milk and just before it firms up, pour over creamcheese layer.
- Smooth remaining Cool Whip evenly and sprinkly on remaining pecans.
- Chill and enjoy.