Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Rachel Ray magazine
Make and share this Greek Ziti With Lamb Ragu recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 680.38 g ground lamb
- 14.79 ml fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 small red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml tomato paste
- 236.59 ml dry red wine
- 354.88 ml whole milk
- 453.59 g ziti pasta
- 226.79 g Greek feta cheese, drained and finely crumbled
- finely chopped parsley and of fresh mint
- Heat large dutch oven over high. Add the oil and lamb. Cook and break up lamb til nicely caramelized. Add a generous amount of black pepper, sea salt, oregano, garlic, onion, bay leaf, cinnamon stick and chile pepper. Cook 7-8 min to soften.
- Add tomato paste and stir for 30 seconds. Add wine and deglaze pan; and reduce heat to a simmer. Add nutmeg to taste and simmer ragu while pasta is cooking.
- Cook pasta in boiling water til done to your liking. Drain; reserving 1 c cooking liquid. Return pasta to hot pot along with half the feta. Discard bay leaf and cinnamon stick. Add ragu to ziti and stir, adding pasta water as needed to thin to your liking. Serve in shallow bowls topped with remaining feta and fresh herbs.