Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another recipe I found on Myrecipes.com. This is a recipe from the Food and Wine magazine. It sounds delicious to me, can't wait to try it. I am posting it for ZWT6
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth (or homemade stock)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound in all)
- 1⁄2 lb ziti pasta
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. In a large frying pan, simmer the chicken broth and the oregano until 1/2 cup of liquid remains in the pan, about 4 minutes. Stir in the chicken cubes, cover the pan, and remove it from the heat. Let the chicken steam in the hot broth until just done, about 8 minutes.
- 2. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the ziti until just done, about 13 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss it with the chicken mixture, the feta, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and parsley. Stir until the cheese is completely melted. Toss in the cherry tomatoes.
oh yeah! i went from frozen chicken breasts to finished dish in 20 minutes! everybody loved it! i did toss in a couple cans of drained artichoke hearts & a few fistfuls of baby spinach because I didn't have time to make a separate veggie - but it worked; it was great! thank you! made for zwt6. :)
I also enjoyed this light and refreshing dish. I also added a large bag of fresh spinach at the end of cooking just for color, and vegetables, which I still try to sneak into my family. They found it a little dry. When I reheated the leftovers, I made a lite sauce of bouillon cubes and water and cornstarch and reheated it in that. They ate that and were happier. I enjoyed it both times.
Good and easy -- a great quick supper which we all enjoyed! Made as directed except I used low-fat feta and skipped the parsley. Made for ZWT6 Thanks for sharing!