Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A recipe posted for ZWT - Greece. From the Pioneer Woman cookbook.
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place Greek yogurt in a medium bowl. Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir together very gently. Stop short of the mixture being totally combined. You want the pancakes to have some interesting texture.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Add vanilla to eggs and stir to combine. Pour egg mixture into the Greek yogurt-flour mixture. Stir together gently. Donï¿½t worry about the mixture being totally combined; a little white and yellow swirling is fine.
- Pour the batter onto a griddle sprayed with cooking spray, ¼ cup at a time. Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, then flip the pancakes. Cook for another 45 seconds and remove to plate. Repeat with the remaining batter. Top pancakes with syrup, fruit, or desired toppings.
I tried these pancakes with all purpose flour, and self raising flour, they were delicious with both. I don't know if I made them any healthier, but I then tried them with 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour and 4 tablespoons buckwheat flour, and changed the sugar to 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute and added 1 teaspoon vanilla instead of 1/2. They were absolutely delicious topped with sliced banana and sugar free maple syrup. Excellent recipe Boomette. Thank you.
Delicious but on what planet does this recipe make 12 pancakes? I got about 7 very small pancakes out of it.
Made these with Light Blueberry Sauce from food.com, really good together! I'm not sure why the recipe states not to worry about making sure it is all combined well...kinda weird. I stirred mine together until thoroughly mixed and they turned out great. They seem to stick with you longer than regular pancakes.