Recipe by Boomette
A recipe posted for ZWT - Greece. From the Pioneer Woman cookbook.
Top Review by ozziebarb
I tried these pancakes with all purpose flour, and self raising flour, they were delicious with both. I don't know if I made them any healthier, but I then tried them with 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour and 4 tablespoons buckwheat flour, and changed the sugar to 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute and added 1 teaspoon vanilla instead of 1/2. They were absolutely delicious topped with sliced banana and sugar free maple syrup. Excellent recipe Boomette. Thank you.
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Greek yogurt in a medium bowl. Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir together very gently. Stop short of the mixture being totally combined. You want the pancakes to have some interesting texture.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Add vanilla to eggs and stir to combine. Pour egg mixture into the Greek yogurt-flour mixture. Stir together gently. Donï¿½t worry about the mixture being totally combined; a little white and yellow swirling is fine.
- Pour the batter onto a griddle sprayed with cooking spray, ¼ cup at a time. Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, then flip the pancakes. Cook for another 45 seconds and remove to plate. Repeat with the remaining batter. Top pancakes with syrup, fruit, or desired toppings.