Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I have not made this yet. A friend made this for a dinner party and is was great. It sounds so easy too.
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and forced through a press
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 4 whole skinless chicken breasts, halves on the bone
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the yogurt, lemon peel and juice, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken into a dish and spread about 1/4 cup of the yogurt sauce over the chicken.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate the remaining yogurt sauce.
- Place the chicken on a rack in a baking pan and bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil and continue cooking about 5 minutes, until the chicken is browned on top and cooked through.
- Spoon the yogurt sauce over the chicken and serve.