Recipe by FLKeysJen
Great potluck dish for hot weather - no mayo, and enjoyed by all, even non-vegetarians. For a party, buy the large frozen tortellini available at grocery stores, and increase the quantities of all other ingredients. From one of my favorite healthy cookbooks, 'Eat, Shrink and Be Merry.'
- 1⁄3 cup light Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1 1⁄2 cups English cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a bowl; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions until tender but firm. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain again. Transfer tortellini to a large bowl.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, red peppers, feta, green and red onions, oregano, and pepper. Mix well. Add dressing and toss again. Cover and refrigerate for one hour before serving.