Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great potluck dish for hot weather - no mayo, and enjoyed by all, even non-vegetarians. For a party, buy the large frozen tortellini available at grocery stores, and increase the quantities of all other ingredients. From one of my favorite healthy cookbooks, 'Eat, Shrink and Be Merry.'
- 1⁄3 cup light Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1 1⁄2 cups English cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a bowl; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions until tender but firm. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain again. Transfer tortellini to a large bowl.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, red peppers, feta, green and red onions, oregano, and pepper. Mix well. Add dressing and toss again. Cover and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Great salad! Loved all the ingredients together. Didn't have cucumber so added chicken chunks.<br/>Loved the dressing. Will make that one all the time.
Made this delicious pasta salad for tonight's dinner. I have had my eye on this recipe since seeing the wonderful photo and reading the ingredient list. Knew I had to make this recipe as it contains all my favorite ingredients. This may just become my fav pasta salad recipe and I am adding it to my Best of 2014 Cookbook. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Made this for lunch today -- loved it! I used roasted piquillo peppers in this, since I was out of regular roasted red peppers, and I used yellow onion in place of the red. I increased everything a bit, since my tortellini package was 24 oz instead of 16oz. My batch didn't come out quite as pretty as the original photo because I was rushing to get this done before work, but it's still an atttractive colorful dish that would be really nice at a potluck or summer BBQ. It's yummy, to boot -- can't go wrong with the pretty and delicious combo! I'll be keeping this recipe on hand for this summer. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2014