Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Source: Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. Don't be afraid of the anchovy paste. It gives this dressing a wonderful zing.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients or place all ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake until combined.
As recomended I used this on Greek Salad. I didn't have anchovy paste so I added sea salt to taste, used fresh organic marjoram in place of oregano, organic olive oil, freshly squeezed organic lemon juice, organic garlic cloves, and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
After reading the review by JackieOhNo!, I did cut back on the anchovy paste. Used fresh oregano and 3 cloves of garlic. There was leftovers which were used the next day and the dressing was better flavored after allowing the flavors to blend fully. I might add a little additional olive oil next time as the dressing was a little thin. Made and reviewed for *ZWT6*
This was a pretty good vinaigrette that I think is overpowered by the anchovy paste, which is the predominant flavor. Both the fresh lemon juice and the fresh oregano were refreshing but could not stand up to the anchovy paste. I think I would try this again, making adjustments to the ingredients in order to balance the flavors better. Thanks for sharing this. Made by a RedHot Renegade for ZWT6.