Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very refreshing Greek salad and easy to put together. Serve with crusty bread.
- 2 small green bell peppers, cored and sliced into thick strips
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and slice into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin slivers
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 24 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 14.79 ml capers
- 113.39 g crumbled feta cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- Place the peppers, cucumbers, onion, olives, tomatoes, capers and cheese in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper then drizzle with olive oil.
- Add the lemon juice and oregano and toss. Serve on chilled plates or chilled bowls.
This colourful salad gets a 'five' because it is just so right. I did wonder about using less olive oil, but as I was putting the salad together, I realised it would be all the better for using the specified amount. The finished salad has a lovely glossy appearance; make sure you use a good quality olive oil for maximum flavour impact. Thanks for posting nannie jo.
Very nice salad. I used marinated feta which gave it a little more zest. Thanks for posting.