Recipe by nannie jo
This is a very refreshing Greek salad and easy to put together. Serve with crusty bread.
Top Review by Mrs B
This colourful salad gets a 'five' because it is just so right. I did wonder about using less olive oil, but as I was putting the salad together, I realised it would be all the better for using the specified amount. The finished salad has a lovely glossy appearance; make sure you use a good quality olive oil for maximum flavour impact. Thanks for posting nannie jo.
- 2 small green bell peppers, cored and sliced into thick strips
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and slice into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin slivers
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 24 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano