Recipe by Tee Lee
This greek-inspired wrap includes venison, onion, bacon, sour cream, spinach and feta rolled in a tortilla. Try a pita for a more authentic greek meal. From "Wild Bounty" cookbook.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 -5 medium mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb venison loin, thinly sliced
- lemon pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 flour tortillas or 2 pita bread, warmed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 3 -4 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in a skillet until brown; remove from pan, crumble and set aside.
- Add onion and mushrooms to pan and sauté until onions are translucent, add sugar and stir well.
- Add venison and sprinkle generously with lemon pepper.
- Add lemon juice and sauté until venison is cooked but still slightly pink.
- Warm tortillas in microwave with a damp paper towel on top.
- Place sour cream in the center of tortilla, add 1/2 cup spinach, feta cheese, crumbled bacon and venison mixture.
- Wrap and serve immediately.