Recipe by AlwaysEnL
This is a delicious and very filling pita stuffed with veggies...healthy with no oil and only 1 gram of fat. This is from Hungry Girl. Posting here for safe keeping!
Top Review by Debbwl
A truly guilt free lunch!! This Veggie Pita is so healthy with such pleasing Greek flavors. The only drawback was the pita started falling apart before we could finish eating and we both ended up using forks to finish up. Thanks for the post.
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- 2 ounces fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced bell pepper (red and green)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- garlic powder
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small dish, combine yogurt with salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder (season to taste). For some added spice, add red pepper flakes. In a skillet sprayed with no-cal cooking spray, cook onions and peppers over medium heat for 5 - 7 minutes. Add spinach and tomatoes, and cook until spinach leaves have lost their volume. Remove from heat, and mix veggies with yogurt sauce. Cut pita in half (toast if desired) and stuff with veggie mix.