Recipe by BeachGirl
I love the garlicky flavor of this "White" (versus classic "Red") vegetable pizza. It is easier to serve (less messy) as an appetizer than a tomato-based pizza.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Wow! This was delicious! With artichokes & mushrooms as two of the main toppings, I knew I was in for a treat - those are two of my favorite pizza toppings. This has a very unusual, tangy tasting sauce that really complimented the veggies well. I used a homemade crust rather than the mix. Note: There was a lot of sauce and I found that I didn't really need more than a few Tbsp worth to get the crust fully covered. I sprinkled the full amount of garlic across the sauce covered pizza. Thanks for sharing this great recipe - we will be making this again often!
- 1 package pizza crust mix or 6 pocketless pitas
- 2 -4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry pizza seasoning (sprinkle kind)
- 4 ounces grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, chopped &,rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced roma tomato (cut 1/4" thick round slices)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, sauteed or 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare crust according to package directions.
- Spread crust in thin layer on large rectangular baking sheet or pizza pan.
- "Mix Sauce ingredients together and spread on crust (like you would spread a tomato sauce) with spoon or pastry brush, using some or all of it (I use all of it).
- Place toppings on pizza in order listed.
- Bake at 375 degrees on bottom oven shelf until crust is crispy and cheese is melted, between 18-25 minutes.
- Cut into 10 slices for a meal or smaller squares for appetizer servings.
- For Variety- Optional ingredients: 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken; 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh spinach, 2 tbs diced pepperocini (Greek) peppers; 2 tablespoon sliced black olives.