Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A great way to use up all those veggies your growing.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 medium sliced onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 lbs medium potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 lbs zucchini, sliced into 1/3 inch rounds
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin rounds
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin rounds
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped plum tomatoes, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Heat 1 tbsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onions and garlic until softened or about 5 minutes In a large shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray, place potatoes, zucchini and peppers in one overlapping layer, alternating them. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with sauteed onions and garlic.
- Pour tomatoes over layer veggies, season with parsley and oregano and add remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Add enough water to come halfway up the veggies. Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until all veggies are tender.
Very nice dish. I used vegetable broth in place of the water and next time I will season the layers with the herbs instead of just the top. Made for Every Day Holiday Tag. :)