Recipe by dalia :)
The well-known yogurt/cucumber/garlic Greek appetizer! Make sure you use some kind of soft, smooth tasting yogurt, like drained "Total" yogurt. You can adjust the quantity of the garlic according to taste. Enjoy!
Top Review by blue_eyedshorty
Great recipe, really decicious. I used Balkan Yougart and loved it. I stuck to two cloves and it was strong, three woud have overdone it for me. I left out the oil too. Still fabulous.
- 3 cups smooth-tasting yogurt (like "Total")
- 1 large cucumber, grated
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- sliced cucumbers or olive, to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the yogurt in a bowl.
- Squeeze cucumber with your hands so that it can be drained from its juice and add to the bowl with the yogurt.
- Smash garlic cloves in a press and add to bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper and stir everything really well.
- Decorate your tzatziki with sliced cucumber or olives on top. Enjoy!