Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The well-known yogurt/cucumber/garlic Greek appetizer! Make sure you use some kind of soft, smooth tasting yogurt, like drained "Total" yogurt. You can adjust the quantity of the garlic according to taste. Enjoy!
- 3 cups smooth-tasting yogurt (like "Total")
- 1 large cucumber, grated
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- sliced cucumbers or olive, to decorate
- Place the yogurt in a bowl.
- Squeeze cucumber with your hands so that it can be drained from its juice and add to the bowl with the yogurt.
- Smash garlic cloves in a press and add to bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper and stir everything really well.
- Decorate your tzatziki with sliced cucumber or olives on top. Enjoy!
Great recipe, really decicious. I used Balkan Yougart and loved it. I stuck to two cloves and it was strong, three woud have overdone it for me. I left out the oil too. Still fabulous.
Try it with mint instead of garlic or in addition to a smaller amount of garlic - it makes a great salad dressing and is diet freindly if you use low-fat or nonfat yogurt - it also works well with tuna salad instead of mayo - actually anywhere you use mayo or salad dressing