Recipe by *Pixie*
Greek Turkey Burgers Servings: 4 burgers
Top Review by Cadillacgirl
Yummy! Made a quick tzatziki instead of just the sourcream with yogurt, cukes, onion, and garlic and put it on whole wheat kaisers instead with some tomato! Oh, and my BBQ decided this was the night to quit, so I just cooked them in my electric fryng pan... made for PAC Fall '09
- 1 lb turkey, Ground or 1 lb turkey breast, ground, Ground
- 4 pimento stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic, Minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare charcoal grill for direct heat cooking.
- Remove cooking rack from grill and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl combine turkey, olives, parsley, garlic, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Evenly distribute mixture into four burgers (approximately 4 1/2 inches in diameter). Grill burgers 2 to 3 minutes per side until meat thermometer registers 160 to 165 degrees F.
- and meat is no longer pink in center.
- To serve, spread 1 tablespoon sour cream on pita.
- Place cooked burger on bottom half of pita and top evenly with cucumber and 1 tablespoon Feta cheese. Fold over top half of pita and serve.