Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a little different from the traditional Tuna Salad, but I found it to be absolutely delish.
- 2 cans albacore tuna in water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup chunked feta cheese (optional)
- Drain water from tuna mix all ingredients together.
- Serve as a sandwich with Romaine lettuce or put a scoop on leaves of lettuce garnished with tomatoes and topped with chunked Feta cheese.
Excellent combination of flavors and a quick and easy meal for a weeknight.
I made this and tasted it right away and thought it was ok. After letting it sit overnight, it was GREAT in the morning. I really liked this salad. Oh, was I supposed to serve this with something? I just ate the whole thing with a spoon! Also fresh basil is a must for this recipe. Thanks!!
Oh thank you! We have tuna on the menu so often but I just can't face another noodle casserole, patty, or mayo salad sandwich. Dh and the kids can have those, I'm eating my tuna *this* way from now on!! I had everything on hand but the green pepper, so I added a splash of juice from a bottle of pepperocini for that little zing. I also used some tomato-basil flavored feta crumbles, which really filled out the flavor a lot. It was so good that I just ate mine straight out of the bowl, but I can see serving it in pita or even tossing it with pasta. Thanks SO much!