Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This occurred to me as a way to use up some leftover tzatziki. It's very tasty, both with and without the optional vegetables. Preparation time does not include making the tzatziki.
- 1 (3 ounce) can chunk light tuna
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 piece pita bread
- 2 tablespoons tzatziki (for example, Tzatziki)
- 1 tablespoon feta
- 1 leaf green leaf lettuce (optional)
- 1⁄3 tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 dill pickle, sliced (optional)
- Drain tuna; mix with celery, tzatziki, and feta in small bowl.
- Microwave pita bread for 10 - 20 seconds to increase pliability. Either slice one end off and open into a pocket, or use as flat bread.
- If using lettuce, tomato, and/or pickle, layer on/in pita bread, then spoon tuna mix into pita and enjoy!
We had this for dinner and the reviews from the family were mixed. I think it's a very unusual way to serve tuna and it is easy, but I'm not sure we'll make it again. I used albacore tuna and homemade tzatziki. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to try something so different.