Recipe by foxfyre
This occurred to me as a way to use up some leftover tzatziki. It's very tasty, both with and without the optional vegetables. Preparation time does not include making the tzatziki.
Top Review by LoriInIndiana
We had this for dinner and the reviews from the family were mixed. I think it's a very unusual way to serve tuna and it is easy, but I'm not sure we'll make it again. I used albacore tuna and homemade tzatziki. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to try something so different.
- 1 (3 ounce) can chunk light tuna
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 piece pita bread
- 2 tablespoons tzatziki (for example, Tzatziki)
- 1 tablespoon feta
- 1 leaf green leaf lettuce (optional)
- 1⁄3 tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 dill pickle, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tuna; mix with celery, tzatziki, and feta in small bowl.
- Microwave pita bread for 10 - 20 seconds to increase pliability. Either slice one end off and open into a pocket, or use as flat bread.
- If using lettuce, tomato, and/or pickle, layer on/in pita bread, then spoon tuna mix into pita and enjoy!