Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A garlic lovers dream! I love the tradional cucumber dips that I grew up with but the extra garlic bite in this dip makes vampires run for the hills! I made this for a bunch of friends on our yearly vacation trip and served it with grilled marinated chicken skewers and pita. Definately no leftovers!
- 4 cups sour cream or 4 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and shredded
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped into 1/4-inch cubes
- 8 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Mix all ingredients until thoroughly blended in a medium bowl.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with grilled meats like chicken or lamb and/or warm pita bread.