Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fresh, zingy salad. Great for light lunch or as a take along for a potluck. Enjoy! (Cook time is refrigeration time)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 6 medium olives, whole and pitted, halved
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, garlic, oregano, basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Add red onion and green pepper; toss to coat.
- Stir in tomatoes, olives and cheese. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour. Serve with a slotted spoon.
This is a very nice tomato salad! I used roasted red pepper olive oil and basalmic vinegar. I mixed it all together and put it in a ziploc bag. Made for Zaar Tag.