Recipe by Greekgal
This recipe is used in Greece when lettuce is out of season.
Top Review by Larawithoutau
Delicious! I had a little dish right after I made it (with balsamic vinegar), and can't wait to taste it later after it marinates a while. Great way to use up the tomatoes and cucumbers we have in our garden! I had a yellow banana pepper (little spicy), so I added about half of it chopped fine to give the final dish a little kick. Thanks for sharing, we will be having this often when we're in peak season.
- 8 firm roma tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks (or other type small)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, cut in half and seeds scooped out with a spoon and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 340.19 g jar kalamata olives, drained
- 226.79-340.19 g feta cheese, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar or 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar, balsamic is better
- 29.58 ml lemon juice (fresh)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced finely
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 0.59 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the ingredients for the dressing and pour over olives and feta cheese and let sit while preparing the other ingredients.
- Once you have the tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion prepared, pour the dressing, along with the olives and feta cheese over them and toss to mix. You can serve immediately, or you might want to chill if for a while and then serve it.