Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yummmm... delicious. P.S. Leave out the feta cheese for a MUCH lower calorie meal! These are also pretty big servings for 4...
- 2 lbs halved seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped green onion (use only the white and pale green)
- 7 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- Mix the first six ingredients in a large bowl. set mixture aside.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain, add hot pasta to the tomato mixture and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This was lovely, and a great meal to make on a hot day when you don't want the stove on for long! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us, and used whole-grain penne. However, I forgot and used the dark green part of the onion as well as the white and light green -- still tasted great.
A very nice dish, quick and easy. Rather than fresh tomatoes I used a can of tomatoes, avoided salt, and enjoyed :) Lovely recipe, made for Alphabet tag. Thanks for sharing, dear prudence :)
I loved this! I used whole wheat penne pasta and still thought it was delicious. Thanks for sharing this!