Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so yummy, I eat it all the time. You can marinate the tofu from 30 minutes to overnight. Enjoy!
- 2 -3 cups tofu (cubed)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 to 2 lemon, juice of
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh dill (handful, minced)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Combine ingredients in a bowl or Tupperware container. You want the marinade to cover at least half way up the tofu.
- Toss well and let marinate for 30 minutes to 12 hours, tossing half way through.
- Heat frying pan on medium high with a little olive oil, place tofu in frying pan and fry until golden brown. Add more salt as desired.
- Or skewer and roast on the BBQ!
- That's it it's that easy, Enjoy!
- You can add 1/4 cup of marinade into your rice water when your making rice for the most delicious rice ever! Just substitute some of the regular water for the marinade.
- You can make a reduction with the left over marinade by heating it in a pan over medium heat until it becomes thicker. Adding a splash of white wine in half way through is tasty as well but not needed. This is also a tasty dipping sauce.
- So good with Greek salad, pitas, tzatziki etc.
holy wow, that marinade is fantastic! I dumped probably 3 times as many herbs in there to make it really strong. I ended up doing slabs of tofu, marinated for almost 24 hours, then baked and used those in a wrap with vegan cucumber sauce and veggies. It was wonderful! I wish I could have kept the marinade, but alas, I had to get rid of it. That stuff would make an outstanding salad dressing too!
this was ok, just never really soaked up flavor into the tofu, even though the marinade itself was delish.