1/1 Photo of Greek Tempeh Pitas
erinn in tbay's Note:
This is by far my favourite way of eating tempeh. I am craving it right now! You can make it vegan by using vegan tzatziki.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice tempeh medium thin.
- 2Marinate in olive oil, soy sauce, crushed garlic, dried oregano and lemon juice. After 1 hour (or longer) saute in frying pan until crispy.
- 3Meanwhile mix diced tomatoes, cucumber, onion, garlic, balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of oil in a small bowl.
- 4Heat pita on each side in frying pan.
- 5To assemble, place pita on a plate, lay tempeh over pita, spoon on tomato and cucumber mixture and top with tzatziki.
- 6I eat mine with a knife and fork, but my husband prefers to fold his in half and eat with his hands. Either way, this is my favourite tempeh dish!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Tempeh Pitas
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.8
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 11.8 g