Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
A recipe from Ricardo
Make and share this Greek-Style Vegetable Souvlaki recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large red onion
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets, blanched
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 2 . 5-cm (1-inch)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into medium sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- Cut the onion into quarters and break into pieces.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, except for the fresh herbs.
- Thread the vegetables onto the skewers, alternating colours. Place on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Brush with the oil mixture a few times during cooking. Sprinkle with the fresh herbs before serving.
- Tips: For authentic Greek slouvaki, thread your ingredients on a vine sprig instead of the usual wooden or metal skewers. You will find them in florists and decorating shops.