Recipe by JoyfulCook
A recipe given to me by my Cypriot neighbor.. its really great, with just the right amount of vinegar and olive oil... made a few hours ahead gives the onion a bit of time to absorb the wonderful flavors
- 3 tomatoes, wedges or 3 onions, sweet -mild
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut Tomatoes into wedges, slice the onion very fine, add to the tomatoes.
- place in a shallow dish, add the vinegar, oil and oregano, sir to mix well, cover and leave for a few hours. giving a sprinkle of salt before serving.
- with other salads at either a BBQ or with lasagna, steak or lamb.