1/1 Photo of Greek-Style Stuffed Eggplant (Aubergine)
1 hr 30 mins
If you are an eggplant lover, then this is a must try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (1/2 lb) eggplants
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3 -4 minced fresh garlic cloves, to taste
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves, to taste
- 3 fresh plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into julienne strips
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese, to taste
- 1Halve two of the eggplants lengthwise, score there pulp deeply with a sharp knife (careful not to pierce the skins).
- 2With a grapefruit knife, scoop out the pulp, reserving it, and leaving 1/2-inch thick shells.
- 3Sprinkle the shells with salt and pepper; invert (turn over) on paper towels to drain for 30 minutes.
- 4Cut the reserved pulp, and the remaining whole eggplant into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 5Transfer to a colander; toss with salt, and let them drain for 30 minutes.
- 6Pat the shells dry with paper towels, brush them with 1 Tbsp oil.
- 7Broil them on a rack of a broiler pan under a preheated broiler, about 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes, or until they are tender.
- 8In a skillet, heat the remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil over moderately high heat until it is hot, but not smoking.
- 9Saute the eggplant pieces (that have been patted dry), stirring until they are golden.
- 10Stir in the chopped onion and the garlic; cook over medium heat until onion is softened.
- 11Remove the skillet from the heat; stir in the parsley, mint, tomatoes and feta cheese, adding salt and pepper to taste; stir to combine.
- 12Divide the filling among the shells mounding/heaping it.
- 13Broil the stuffed eggplants in a large flameproof baking dish for 5 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and golden-- delicious!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Stuffed Eggplant (Aubergine)
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.0
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.0 mg
- Sodium 1221.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 11.3 g